Engineer or Senior Engineer – Infrastructure, London
We are on the search for an independent thinker to join our Infrastructure Team. Are you keen to take ownership, both lead and roll your sleeves up to undertake the delivery of detail design schemes? We offer the space to input your own insights, ideas and solutions to challenges encountered in projects.
Our projects vary from small to large scale public and private sector projects across a wide range of sectors. Our infrastructure team work on development led projects, infrastructure design projects and input into civils design for projects in the rail and marine environments.
You will get the opportunity to use your creativity to resolve complexities between constrained sites and the appropriate regulations.
Our working environment offers the growth opportunity to become a rounded infrastructure engineer with a good understanding of the commercial related aspects to your work. You will work closely with our Principal Engineer and Directors to deliver high quality service to clients.
You will have a broad range of infrastructure design skills and be able to demonstrate your experience on highways and drainage detailed design of development led projects, for clients such as major house builders and, private commercial and residential developers. You will additionally have experience in undertaking detailed design for section 278 highway schemes.
You would undertake detailed design on projects as well as assisting with the management, financial and technical input to infrastructure projects, project planning, resources, reporting and financial control.
- Detailed design of infrastructure works, including highways and drainage
- Achieving technical approval of highway works via S278 and adoption via S38
- Achieving S104 and S106 drainage network approval and adoption
- Thorough knowledge and use of AutoCAD, WINDES, MicroDrainage and Civils 3D
- Ability to liaise with clients, contractors, other designers, and relevant authorities
- Good communicator and an ability to solve complex problems with a high degree of technical independence
In addition, experience of the following would be advantageous:
- Able to prepare Flood Risk Assessments; and Water Management Statements or Drainage Strategies
- Able to input into civils design in the rail environment
- Experience in use of Site 3D and Causeway Flow Software
- Knowledge of signs and road marking software (Key Signs, Key Lines or equivalent)
- Working towards CEng/IEng
How to apply
Has this described you, the stage you are at in your career and caught your interest? If so, please send your CV with covering email to email@example.com.
Robert West are an Equal Opportunities employer.