Worcester Warriors Sixways
Following promotion to the Premiership, Worcester Warriors were required to increase capacity of their Sixways ground together with upgraded parking and access. The Club also agreed to allow Worcester County Council to operate a park & ride facility from the sit on non-match days.
Services supplied included:
- Planning application including environmental statements
- Traffic modelling and assessments
- Flood modelling and risk assessments
- Outline design for 5,000 capacity new stand
- Detailed infrastructure design including utility diversions
- Contract administration and site supervision
Our infrastructure scheme integrated the requirements of Worcester Warriors, WCC, an adjacent sports and leisure operator and Advantage West Midlands. We secured permission for development of up to 20,000 stadium capacity within the green belt, and for diverting a water course to maximise land value. Our proposed SUDS design secured Environment Agency approval, even though significant parts of the site are located within the flood plain.
A new off-line highway access directly from the M5 motorway interchange was planned, designed and completed for the 2008/9 season.